Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Avocado & Crab Salad

What a treat it was to stumble upon this recipe for avocado and crab salad.  Two of my favorite things; especially in the warm weather.  One thing I love about this dish is that it's actually healthy for you!  I know I speak for lots of people when I say that avocado is VERY good for you.  It's packed with the Omega-3's we need so much and don't often get.  To top it off, it's made with crab.  MMmmmm... crab...

The recipe is adapted from this one. Thank you skinnytaste.com!

AVOCADO & CRAB SALAD



INGREDIENTS:

  • 1 medium Hass avocado
  • 4 oz lump crab meat
  • 2 tbsp chopped red onion
  • 2 tblsp red wine vinegar
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • salt and pepper


  • DIRECTIONS:

    In a medium bowl, combine onion, lime juice, olive oil, cilantro salt and pepper. Add crab meat and toss well.
    Cut avocado open, remove pit and spoon out avocado. Cut into large chunks and add to crab. Mix carefully, not to mash the avocado. Spoon back into avocado shells and enjoy!



    PERSONAL NOTES:

    What an easy little meal to make! I had it done in about 10 minutes, if that.  The original recipe called for the juice of one lime and 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro, but as always I chose to go in a different direction with the red wine vinegar.  Cabernet vinegar is a particular favorite of mine...

    No comments:

    Post a Comment