Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Cheesy Quinoa Bites

YUM!  These are so yummy!  Overall, they're pretty easy to make.  The most work involved came when shredding the carrots, the cheese and slicing the scallions.  You know, I thought it would be easier for me to use my food processor but it wasn't.  Then again, my food processor decided to poop out on me.  So it took me time trying to wedge the blade up (oh yes, it was stuck good) and pick out all the food that got jammed in all the plastic bits.  Ugh. 

Had my 15 year-old food processor not cracked (actually it's the detachable stem which I just discovered the company no longer makes.  That's what I get for having an ancient processor.  Bummer.) things would have gone better I'm sure. 

That all said, I came across this recipe for Cheese Quinoa Bites and of course had to try it.  I absolutely LOVE quinoa.  It's safe to say I'll try almost any quinoa-related dish.  It's versatile, easy to make and good for you!  Long gone are the days of eating couscous for me.  Quinoa just makes me feel better after I've had it.

Anyhow...

CHEESY QUINOA BITES



INGREDIENTS:

  • 2 cups cooked quinoa

  • 2 large eggs

  • 1 cup shredded carrot

  • 2 stalks green onion, diced

  • 2 cloves garlic, minced

  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro

  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

  • 2 Tbs all-purpose flour

  • 1/2 tsp seasoning salt

  • 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper


  • DIRECTIONS:

    Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

    Mix together quinoa, carrot, egg, green onion, garlic, cilantro, cheese, flour, salt and pepper.
    Distribute mixture into a greased mini muffin tin, filling each cup to the top (1 heaping Tbs each).  

    Bake for 15-20 minutes.


    PERSONAL NOTES:

    As I said, these are delicious!

    I ended up adding 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese to see what would happen (also because I have it on hand and need to get rid of it).  It came out great.

    I'll definitely be making this again.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment