Friday, January 6, 2012

Tilapia with Tomato-Orange Relish

I have to start off by saying that this dish was AMAZING!!!  I'm so glad I chose this one tonight.  Plus, it was super easy to make.  For those of you who know me, you know I don't eat meat, but I do enjoy fish.  Boy, do I enjoy fish.

This recipe comes to me from the Taste of Home Comfort Food (Diet) Cookbook and there are some tasty-looking dishes in here that I'll be making, for sure.

TILAPIA WITH TOMATO-ORANGE RELISH

INGREDIENTS:

6 tilapia fillets (6 oz each)
3 tbls butter, melted
1/2 tsp salt, divided
1/2 tsp lemon-pepper seasoning
1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
1 medium orange, peeled, sectioned and chopped
1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
1 tbls capers, drained
1-1 1/2 tbls brown sugar
1 tbls red wine vinegar

DIRECTIONS:

Place fish in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.  Drizzle with butter; sprinkle with 1/4 tsp salt and the lemon pepper.  Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.

In a small bowl, combine tomato, orange, onion, capers, brown sugar, vinegar and remaining salt.  Serve with fish.

6 servings.  1 fillet with 8 tsp relish = 219 calories.


PERSONAL NOTES:

For starters, I'm the only one eating fish.  Rob generally doesn't touch the stuff.  So I made just one fillet.  Although, I did make the entire batch of relish.  Sooooooo goooooood!!!

Oh, and I had some leftover frozen shrimp that I needed to get rid of so I tossed those in with the tilapia to cook.  Therefore I had a tilapia/shrimp combo with the tomato-orange relish. 

2 comments:

  1. I made it for dinner! It was delicious. Only problem was that our tomatoes were bappa bit mealy, but the oranges made up for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you enjoyed! The relish also works well with salmon :)

    ReplyDelete