Monday, January 30, 2012

Peanut Chocolate Chip Muffins

So... I'm not a huge fan of most things peanut butter.  I don't know why.  Peanut butter itself is quite nice and I've been known to put down a lot of it in the past.  But when it comes to cookies, candies or pastries, it's just not something I "do".  However, in an effort to try out different recipes with things I don't have all the time, I decided to give these a go.  Don't get me wrong; they're tasty and they came out just fine.  Peanut butter just isn't my thing.

Anyhow, the original recipe is here.  It's specified for mini muffins which I adapted to regular sized muffins.

PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS





INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour

  • 2/3 cup packed brown sugar

  • 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder

  • 1/4 teaspoon salt

  • 1 egg

  • 3/4 cup milk

  • 2/3 cup chunky peanut butter

  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil

  • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract

  • 2/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips


  • DIRECTIONS:
    In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. In another bowl, combine the egg, milk, peanut butter, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips. Fill greased or paper-lined miniature muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.

    Makes as dozen muffins.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment