Thursday, December 1, 2011

Chocolate Cinnamon M&M Cookies

About a week ago I was shopping at Target and came across a bag of cinnamon-flavored M&M's.  I can't get over the flavors now available.  I thought it was great when pretzels entered the picture with M&M's, but cinnamon?  I had to try these!  I figured there had to be a way to use them in a recipe - and there was.  I found a chocolate sugar cookie recipe here and decided to incorporate the M&M's.  The end result; a subtle-flavored, chewy (and yummy!) cookie.

CHOCOLATE CINNAMON M&M COOKIES


INGREDIENTS:

3/4 cup shortening
1 cup white sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup light corn syrup
2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate, melted
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).               

In a large mixing bowl, cream shortening, sugar, and egg. Stir in syrup and melted chocolate. Sift flour, salt, baking soda, and ground cinnamon; add to creamed mixture. Chill 1 hour.

Roll dough 1/8 inch thick on a well-floured pastry cloth. Cut into shapes.

Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet for 10 to 12 minutes.               

Makes 3 dozen cookies.

PERSONAL NOTES:

The only thing I changed was adding the M&M's.  I add as much as I see fit :)

No comments:

Post a Comment