Friday, October 28, 2011

Pumpkin Corn Muffins

I've used a few different recipes for corn muffins over the years.  Last year I had a good one that used Bisquick.  Unfortunately, I can't seem to locate it.  During the winter months I would substitute Trader Joe's Pumpkin Pancake Mix for the Bisquick.

Since I have neither the pancake mix nor the old recipe, I went trolling online for a new one that would give me pumpkin corn muffins.  About.com has a recipe that just worked out wonderfully. The whole place smells delicious.  I took a muffin for a test drive about 5 minutes after it came out of the oven and I have to say this recipe is a keeper!



Here's their recipe:

PUMPKIN CORN MUFFINS

INGREDIENTS:


  • 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour


  • 1 cup yellow corn meal


  • 1/3 cup granulated sugar


  • 4 teaspoons baking powder


  • 1/2 teaspoon salt


  • 2 large eggs


  • 1-1/4 cups canned pure pumpkin


  • 1/3 cup milk


  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil


  • Preparation:

    Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease or paper-line 12 muffin cups.

    Combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt in large bowl. Beat eggs, pumpkin, milk and vegetable oil in medium bowl until combined. Add to flour mixture; mix thoroughly. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.

    Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve muffins warm.

    Yield: 12 muffins
    NOTES:
    The recipe doesn't call for it, but I used a heaping teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice. I felt it just added a little something extra special.
    Also, I like big muffins so I made only 10.  Aside from tasting yummy, each muffin is only 164 calories!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment