Monday, March 19, 2012

Cinnamon Muffins. A yummy part of any breakfast.

One of my favorite things about weekend mornings home with my husband is making breakfast.  He'll ask me what I'm making and I either thumb through the recipe book or troll online until I come across something that strikes our fancy.  This weekend was no different.  Part of the fun is discovering the ingredients in my cupboard; I try not to plan too much in advance so the weekend baked goods are spontaneous and extra special (at least I think so).

So of course I was pretty psyched when I discovered I had all the ingredients to make these cinnamon muffins.  (Original recipe can be found here from allrecipes.com).

They were easy to make and came out just fine.  I've had other muffins I enjoyed more, but these really did hit the spot just fine. 

CINNAMON MUFFINS


INGREDIENTS:

  • 3/4 cup all-purpose flour

  • 1/4 cup sugar

  • 1 teaspoon baking powder

  • 1/4 teaspoon salt

  • 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg

  • 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice

  • 1/2 egg, lightly beaten

  • 1/4 cup skim milk

  • 2 tablespoons and 2 teaspoons margarine, melted


  • TOPPING:
  • 1 tablespoon sugar

  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

  • 2 tablespoons margarine, melted

  • DIRECTIONS:


     In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and allspice. Combine the egg, milk and margarine; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Spoon into greased or paper-lined mini muffin cups. Bake at 400 degrees F for 12-14 minutes or until muffins test done. For topping, combine sugar and cinnamon. Brush the tops of warm muffins with margarine; sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.

    Makes 24 mini muffins.

    PERSONAL NOTES:

    I halved the recipe and it came out to 5 large muffins.  I was happy with that.  With just me and my husband at home, we simply didn't need more (our waistlines certainly don't!).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment